Applications should reach us by January 10, 2019.
Ethis Ventures Malaysia is a fast-growth startup builder with a focus on the Islamic digital economy. We are looking for an energetic and highly driven individual who loves the management of accounts and business administration. You will be working with the senior management and our youthful project management teams to fulfil your duties as the Admin and Accounts Executive of our Malaysia office in Kuala Lumpur.
We are looking for an Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
Accountant responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Publish financial statements in time
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- 1 to 2 years of accounting-related experience
- Able to learn and use accounting softwares
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks or QuickBooks or Odoo
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Teamwork and Capable communicator
- Minimum Diploma in Accounting, BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
- Malaysian citizen only
- Familiarity with ODOO – Finance Module
- Knowledge in Islamic Finance
Candidates meeting the requirements may apply with confidence to [email protected] Do include in your CVs, the related supporting documents and a most recent photograph.
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia